- Because God loves me, He is slow to lose patience with me.
- Because God loves me, He takes the circumstances of my life and uses them in a constructive way for my growth.
- Because God loves me, He does not treat me as an object to be possessed and manipulated.
- Because God loves me, He has no need to impress me with how great and powerful He is because He is God, nor does He belittle me as His child in order to show me how important He is.
- Because God loves me, He is for me. He wants to see me mature and develop in His love.
- Because God loves me, He does not send down His wrath on every little mistake I make, of which there are many.
- Because God loves me, He does not keep score of all my sins and then beat me over the head with them whenever He gets the chance.1
- Because God loves me, He is deeply grieved when I do not walk in the ways that please Him because He sees this as evidence that I don’t trust Him and love Him as I should.
- Because God loves me, He rejoices when I experience His power and strength and stand up under the pressures of life for His Name’s sake.
- Because God loves me, He keeps on working patiently with me, even when I feel like giving up and can’t see why He doesn’t give up with me, too.
- Because God loves me, He keeps on trusting me when at times I don’t even trust myself.
- Because God loves me, He never says there is no hope for me; rather, He patiently works with me, loves me and disciplines me in such a way that it is hard for me to understand the depth of His concern for me.
- Because God loves me, He never forsakes me, even though many of my friends might.
- Because God loves me, He stands with me when I have reached the rock bottom of despair, when I see the real me and compare that with His righteousness, holiness, beauty, and love. It is at a moment like this that I can really believe that God loves me.
Yes, the greatest of all gifts is God’s perfect love!
~By Dick Dickinson, Inter Community Counseling Center, Long Beach, CA
“Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.” ~I John 4:10
The Love of God (Do you know that you cannot keep God from loving you?)
God SO Loved by J. Vernon McGee. This small booklet shows God’s infinite, marvelous love and the length to which He has gone to demonstrate it. “I am not able to measure the vastness nor the intensity nor the overwhelming goodness of our God. If I could, it would break your heart, and it would break mine if I fully knew. I can only say that God loves you.” (excerpted from the booklet) Download this booklet free.
An Everlasting Love (A Devotional Study of the Gospel of John) by John G. Mitchell.
Order from Alibris Used Books or other used book dealers.
Footnote by ESN:
1 God has completely forgiven all our sins; the sin question is no more: Read: The Sin Question.