Exiters of high demand groups have had the Bible used on them in order to control, coerce, manipulate, and exploit them. Sorting through one’s personal beliefs in regard to grace and law takes much time. The following information is posted for those who have expressed an interest in these subjects.
(Note: Insertion of offsite links does not necessarily mean an endorsement of all views or beliefs espoused on that site.)
Law / Sin / Grace:
- The Law of Moses and the Grace of God
- The Sin Issue
- What Were the Lies and What is the Truth?
Replacing the leader’s fear-based statements with the truth from the Word of God.
- Must We Keep the Law for Salvation? (many Q&A)
- Why Church Leaders Demand Holy Days For Their Members
Could it have anything to do with control?
- Articles and Writings on the Holy Days
Helpful for those who are questioning whether or not to keep the O. T. feast days and is in regard to how we were required to observe these days in the group.
- Mystery of the Ages (a critical review) by Kelly Marshal (PDF)
Chapter by chapter review.
- Mystery of the Ages (a second critical review) by William Hohmann (PDF)
Chapter by chapter review.
- Are We Still Under the Law in Spite of Grace?
- A Critique of “You Are Saved by Grace!” by William Hohmann
Critique of Stephen Flurry’s booklet; also covers what it means “Christians are not under the Law.”
- Danger by Dave Breese
Is salvation by faith alone or by faith plus some other things? This shows eleven deficiencies involved in the Lordship Salvation view and how it contrasts with being saved by faith alone. (PDF)
- How is the Day of Pentecost Figured? by William Hohmann
Furnishes the correct calendation.
- How is the Term Israel Used in the New Testament? [offsite link]
Shows how the church is not “spiritual Israel” (also covers Galatians 6:16)
- Tithing and Wolves in Sheep’s Clothing by William Hohmann
- Third Tithe -Where Did it Really Go?
- Where Does PCG’s Third Tithe Fund Go?
- We Were Promised We Would Be Blessed by Tithing
Is it true that you can’t outgive God?
- Understanding the Tithe [offsite link]
The first message covers using religious extortion in order to coerce people to tithe. Will explain why the tithe has no application in the Church today. Malachi 3 and Hebrews 7 are covered. (8 MP3 messages; free download)
Sabbath / Sunday:
- Should the Sabbath be Observed Today?
Will cover Colossians 2:16.
- Sabbath and Sunday (Common Arguments and Misunderstandings)
- What About Sunday Worship? by William Hohmann
- Did Jeroboam Change the Sabbath to Sunday? by Kelly Marshall
- A Critique of Which Day is the Christian Sabbath? by William Hohmann (PDF)
- The Sabbath Law [offsite link]
The law was a shadow of the reality that has now been revealed in Christ Jesus. Excellent study (6 MP3 messages; free download)
- What About Colossians 2:16-17?
- “The Resurrection Was Not on Sunday” (A Look at Herbert W. Armstrong’s Booklet)
Holy Spirit / Eternal Life:
- Is the Holy Spirit Only the Power of God?
Also lists the Scriptures showing the two natures of Jesus–God/Man; The Works of the Holy Spirit, etc.
- What is the Spiritual Status of People in the WCG Offshoots? (Were They Ever Converted?)
Replied to by three people in ESN. Includes at end: Answering Those Who Question the Conversion of Those Who Were in WCG.
- Do We Only Receive the Holy Spirit As a Result of Baptism?
Also includes at end: What Does the Holy Spirit Do in the Believer’s Life Today?
- What Does the Holy Spirit Do? [offsite article]
- The Godhead — What is it? [offsite article]
- Is the Trinity Pagan? [offsite article]
- The Gospel by Aaron Budjen [offsite link]
This message gives a complete description of the gospel including the forgiveness of sins. MP3 message.
- How Do I Receive Eternal Life?