Exiters of high demand groups have had the Bible used on them in order to control, coerce, manipulate, and exploit them. Sorting through one’s personal beliefs in regard to grace and law takes much time. The following information is posted for those who have expressed an interest in these subjects.
“But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ” ~II Corinthians 11:3.
(Note: Insertion of offsite links does not necessarily mean an endorsement of all views espoused on that site.)
Law / Sin / Grace:
- The Law of Moses and the Grace of God
- The Sin Question
- What Were the Lies and What is the Truth?
Replacing the leader’s fear-based statements with the truth from the Word of God.
- Must We Keep the Law for Salvation? (many Q&A)
- Why Church Leaders Demand Holy Days For Their Members
Could it have anything to do with control?
- Articles and Writings on the Holy Days
- Mystery of the Ages (a critique) by Kelly Marshall (PDF)
Chapter by chapter review by Kelly Marshall.
- Mystery of the Ages (a second critical review) (PDF)
Chapter by chapter review by William Hohmann.
- Are We Still Under the Law in Spite of Grace?
- A Critique of “You Are Saved by Grace!”
Critique of Stephen Flurry’s booklet; also covers what it means “Christians are not under the Law.”
- How is the Day of Pentecost Figured?
Furnishes the correct calendation.
- How is the Term Israel Used in the New Testament? [offsite link]
Shows how the church is not “spiritual Israel” (also covers Galatians 6:16)
- Tithing and Wolves in Sheep’s Clothing
- Third Tithe -Where Did it Really Go?
- Where Does PCG’s Third Tithe Fund Go?
- Understanding the Tithe [offsite link]
The first message covers using religious extortion in order to coerce people to tithe. (8 MP3 messages; free download)
Sabbath / Sunday:
- Should the Sabbath be Observed Today?
Will cover Colossians 2:16.
- Sabbath and Sunday (Common Arguments and Misunderstandings)
- What About Sunday Worship?
- Did Jeroboam Change the Sabbath to Sunday?
- A Critique of Which Day is the Christian Sabbath? (PDF)
- What About Colossians 2:16-17?
- “The Resurrection Was Not on Sunday” (A Look at Herbert W. Armstrong’s Booklet)
Holy Spirit / Eternal Life:
- Is the Holy Spirit Only the Power of God?
Also lists the Scriptures showing the two natures of Jesus–God/Man; The Works of the Holy Spirit, etc.
- Do We Only Receive the Holy Spirit As a Result of Baptism?
- What Does the Holy Spirit Do? [offsite article]
- The Godhead — What is it? [offsite article]
- Is the Trinity Pagan? [offsite article]
- How Do I Receive Eternal Life?
- What is the Spiritual Status of People in the HWA Groups? (Do they believe in Christ the way other Christians do?)