Exiters of high demand groups have had the Bible used on them in order to control, coerce, manipulate, and exploit them. Sorting through one’s personal beliefs takes much time. The following information is posted for those who have expressed an interest in these subjects.
Law / Sin / Grace:
- The Law of Moses and the Grace of God
- Mystery of the Ages (a critical review) (available as PDF download)
Chapter by chapter review by Kelly Marshall; shows proof of HWA’s plagiarism from other groups; twisting of Scripture, contradictions, deceptions, and how people were set up.
- Mystery of the Ages (a second critical review) (available as PDF download)
Chapter by chapter review by William Hohmann; shows how HWA caused readers to rely on his teachings while abandoning critical thinking. The end result was a false gospel that diminished Christ.
- The Sin Question
- Why Church Leaders Demand Holy Days For Their Members
- Must We Keep the Law for Salvation? (many Q&A)
- Are We Still Under the Law in Spite of Grace?
- What Were the Lies and What is the Truth?
Replacing the leader’s fear-based statements with the truth from the Word of God.
- Tithing and Wolves in Sheep’s Clothing
- Tithing [brief offsite article]
- Understanding the Tithe [offsite link]
The first message covers using religious extortion in order to coerce people to tithe. (8 MP3 messages; free download)
Sabbath / Sunday:
- Should the Sabbath be Observed Today?
- Sabbath and Sunday (Common Arguments and Misunderstandings)
- What About Sunday Worship?
- Did Jeroboam Change the Sabbath to Sunday?
- A Critique of “Which Day is the Christian Sabbath?” (available as PDF download)
- What About Colossians 2:16-17?
Holy Spirit / Eternal Life:
- Is the Holy Spirit Only the Power of God?
Also lists the Scriptures showing the two natures of Jesus–God/Man.
- How Do I Receive Eternal Life?
- Comparing the Biblical Revelation of the Godhead with the Armstrongist View [offsite article]
Covers “the God family,” whether Jesus and the Holy Spirit were God, etc.
Healing From Spiritual Abuse (many articles)