Exiters of high demand groups have had the Bible used on them in order to control, coerce, manipulate, and exploit them. Sorting through one’s personal beliefs in regard to grace and law takes much time. The following information is posted for those who have expressed an interest in these subjects. (You may also check here on the Q&A.)
(Note: Insertion of offsite links does not necessarily mean an endorsement of all views or beliefs espoused on that site.)
Law / Sin / Grace:
- The Law of Moses and the Grace of God
- The Sin Issue
- What Were the Lies and What is the Truth?
Replacing the leader’s fear-based statements with the truth from the Word of God.
- Must We Keep the Law for Salvation? (many Q&A)
- Articles and Writings on the Holy Days
Helpful for those who are questioning whether or not to keep the O. T. feast days and is in regard to how we were required to observe these days in the group.
- Mystery of the Ages (a critical review) by Kelly Marshal (PDF)
Chapter by chapter review.
- Mystery of the Ages (a second critical review) by William Hohmann (PDF)
Chapter by chapter review.
- Why Church Leaders Demand Holy Days For Their Members
Could it have anything to do with control?
- Are We Still Under the Law in Spite of Grace?
- A Critique of “You Are Saved by Grace!” by William Hohmann
Critique of Stephen Flurry’s booklet; also covers what it means “Christians are not under the Law.”
- A Closer Look at Law and Grace by Bob George [offsite link]
Freed from the Law so we can stand in the grace of God. Explains how Christians are no longer under the Law. Majority of transcript on same page as you scroll down. (MP3 file)
- Danger by Dave Breese
Is salvation by faith alone or by faith plus some other things? This shows eleven deficiencies involved in the Lordship Salvation view and how it contrasts with being saved by faith alone. (PDF)
- Saved by Grace Alone – A Biblical Analysis of Lordship Salvation (PDF)
- The Real Full Gospel (4 audio CD set) by Bob George [offsite link]
- How is the Day of Pentecost Figured? by William Hohmann
Furnishes the correct calendation.
- How is the Term Israel Used in the New Testament? [offsite link]
Shows how the church is not “spiritual Israel” (also covers Galatians 6:16)
Note: Also see: Questions About the Law, Works or Salvation
- Tithing and Wolves in Sheep’s Clothing by William Hohmann
- Third Tithe -Where Did it Really Go?
- Where Does PCG’s Third Tithe Fund Go?
- We Were Promised We Would Be Blessed by Tithing
Is it true that you can’t outgive God?
- Understanding the Tithe by Aaron Budjen [offsite link]
The first message covers using religious extortion in order to coerce people to tithe. Will explain why the tithe has no application in the Church today. Malachi 3 and Hebrews 7 are covered. (8 MP3 files) Note: Read this letter and our comments about Aaron Budjen which gives a disclaimer.
Sabbath / Sunday:
- Should the Sabbath be Observed Today?
Will cover Colossians 2:16.
- Sabbath and Sunday (Common Arguments and Misunderstandings)
- What About Sunday Worship? by William Hohmann
- Did Jeroboam Change the Sabbath to Sunday? by Kelly Marshall
- A Critique of Which Day is the Christian Sabbath? by William Hohmann (PDF) Updated 4-17-23)
- The Sabbath is Friday by William Hohmann [offsite link]
Covering the topic: “What about the Sabbath and the international date line?” Note: If this link times out, try again later.
- The Sabbath Law by Aaron Budjen [offsite link]
The law was a shadow of the reality that has now been revealed in Christ Jesus. (6 MP3 files)
Note: While this is a good study, listeners should be aware that Aaron Budjen of Living God Ministries has been questioned about some of his teachings. Read this May 4, 2016 letter and our comments.
- What About Colossians 2:16-17?
Holy Spirit / Baptism:
- Is the Holy Spirit Only the Power of God?
Also lists the Scriptures showing the two natures of Jesus–God/Man; The Works of the Holy Spirit, etc.
- Do We Only Receive the Holy Spirit As a Result of Baptism?
Also includes at end: What Does the Holy Spirit Do in the Believer’s Life Today?
- What Does the Holy Spirit Do? [offsite article]
- Do I Have to Be Baptized Again? (Letter to ESN. Note: We are not saved by baptism, but for those who want to be baptized, there is a link to a baptism video in the reply.]
- The History and Purpose of Baptism by Aaron Budjen [offsite link]
A complete explanation of the history and purpose of Baptism before John the Baptist. (16 MP-3 files) Note: While this is a good study, listeners should be aware that Aaron Budjen of Living God Ministries has been questioned about some of his teachings. Read this May 4, 2016 letter and our comments.
Eternal Life / The Trinity:
- A Closer Look at Your Identity in Christ by Bob George [offsite link]
If You Are in Christ Jesus, You Have Eternal Life. Majority of transcript on same page as you scroll down. [1 MP 3 file]
- How Do I Receive Eternal Life?
Can I be assured that I have received eternal life? Did I really understand what the gospel was?
- What is the Spiritual Status of People in the WCG Offshoots? (Were They Ever Converted?)
Replied to by three people in ESN. Includes at end: Answering Those Who Question the Conversion of Those Who Were in WCG.
- The Godhead — What is it? [offsite article]
- Is the Trinity Pagan? [offsite article]
- Prayers For Freedom From Spiritual Strongholds
These prayers are very effective in gaining deliverance from many strongholds and oppression due to involvement in any harmful cult or occult practices.
Clean and Unclean Meats:
- Vege-Trails [offsite link]
Covers clean and unclean meats and the Bible’s refutation.
- What made some animals clean and other unclean? (Genesis 7) [offsite link]
- Romans Chapter 14 [offsite link]