- Recovery After Exiting a Spiritually Abusive Group Those involved in a mind-manipulating organization become enmeshed in the government of that organization. Covers thought reform, manipulation, coercion, deception, peer pressure, guilt, fear, phobias and threat tactics.
- How to Heal From Emotional and Spiritual Abuse
This is PART TWO of above article). Covers specifics in regard to emotional and spiritual healing; the many after-effects and how to deal with them.
- From Victim to Survivor (Take Back the Power)
Excellent testimony by founder of ESN, and which includes “Steps to Recovery and Success.” While this covers the deception it WCG, it can apply to PCG, RCG and all offshoots.
- Getting the Group Out of Us
Includes link at end to “Symptoms of Religious Addiction.”
- Cognitive Behavioral Focusing for Exiters (An Approach to Handling Depression, Anxiety, Fear & Guilt)
(Includes at end: “Cognitive Rethinking for Christians Who Have Exited an Armstrong Group”)
- Common Emotional Difficulties After Leaving a High Demand Group
- Where Do the Feelings Go?
Feelings from hurtful stimulus were not permitted to be expressed; includes: “How Do I Go About Writing and What Do I Write About?”
- Personal Writings
Insightful writings by exiters that show the strong feelings one has after exiting; covering grief, deception and trauma suffered at the hands of the ministers.
- Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Written for those who have suffered extreme abuse and who are having a difficult time recovering.
- How to Walk Yourself Through a Panic Attack
- Recovery Issues and What to Expect
- How Do People Get Out of Religious Cults?
Includes Stages in Leaving.
- Exiters Tell What Has Helped Them to Heal From Armstrongism
Some results from our anonymous survey.
- Exiters Tell What Has Helped Them on Exit Support Network’s Site
Some results from our anonymous survey.
- If You Would Like to Email Other Exiters
- Common Spiritual Difficulties After Leaving A High Demand Group
- Why Did God Allow Me to Go In an Abusive Group?
- Poems / Free Verse/ Comfort in Words of Hymns
Comfort and peace through poems and free verse (a few written by a former member of WCG)
- Comforting Words About the True God of Love
True statements that show how the true God of love really sees His children.
- Because God Loves Me
- An End to Guilt
Excellent message that focuses on the unconditional love of God and gives a clear understanding of grace.
- Prayers For Freedom From Spiritual Strongholds
These prayers are very effective in gaining deliverance from many strongholds and oppression due to involvement in any harmful cult or occult practices.
- The Love of God
Do you know you cannot keep God from loving you?
- My Position in Christ
Accepted and secure forever.
- Present in the Pain
For those who have experienced anguish and suffering.
- Comfort for Those Who are Sorrowing
A source of comfort for those who are experiencing grief or sorrow. (4 brief articles)
Eight amazing true stories and miracles in member’s lives.
- Amazing Words That Have Been Said to Exiters -or- What Never to Say To Someone Who Has Been Deceived
- Are We “Out of Fellowship” With God if We Don’t Attend a Church?
- Why Do So Many Exiters of Armstrongism Turn to Atheism?
Includes links at end to articles that refute atheism.
- Will Exiters Who Become Atheists Have Another Chance For Salvation?
- What is the Spiritual Status of People in the WCG Offshoots? (Were They Ever Converted?)
Replied to by three people in ESN. Includes at end: Answering Those Who Question the Conversion of Those Who Were in WCG.
- Where Is the True Church?
- How Do I Receive Eternal Life?
More info is found on: Grace & Law (many articles)
Note: Worldwide Church of God, Philadelphia Church of God, and its authoritative offshoots teach a false, cruel God. Any articles on this website that mention God are those that reveal a God whose love is everlasting, and who is full of mercy, grace and compassion, giving Himself freely to meet our deepest needs. He manifested His love to us by revealing Himself through His Son, Christ Jesus, who saves us eternally by His grace and not by any works that we might try to do. This website gives credit to the real Lord Jesus Christ for inspiring the contents therein. It would not be possible without Him.