Why Do You Say “Yes” When You Want to Say “No”?
- You want to be liked or accepted.
- It makes you feel you are a good person for doing for others.
- You don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.
- What would the family think?
- You want the other person to feel obligated.
You have a Right to Say “No”
- When your priorities do not go along with the request.
- When the person can do it themselves.
- When it’s against your values and judgments.
- If you would feel bad doing it.
- If it would hurt you or someone else.
- If the demand is inappropriate.
- If you just don’t want to do it.
- If the request is inconsiderate to you or others.
Info compiled by AJW
Exit & Support Network™