- Without My Informed Consent!
Did you give your informed consent at the time you went into the group?
- How Mind Manipulation is Used for Influence and Control
Includes: “The Techniques of Coercive Persuasion.”
- Leaders of Totalistic Groups Have These Traits in Common
Includes at end: Totalistic Groups Have Much in Common.
- Profile of a Sociopath
A number of abusive, religious leaders may exhibit many of these behavioral characteristics.
- Comparing the One True Churches
Helps exiters see the similarities between Herbert Armstrong’s (or Flurry’s, Pack’s, etc.) “one true church” and other groups which claim the same thing. [offsite article]
- Lifton’s Eight Criteria of Thought Reform
Includes how it has been used by leaders of any high demand, authoritarian group.
- Techniques to Gain Control
Very good and detailed letter covering techniques used on members; also covers replacing God with the “government” of the group.
- How Did Herbert W. Armstrong Recruit People?
The step by step process.
- If You Have a Loved One in a Deceptive, Exploitive Group
Includes what to do and what not to do.