- Identifying Marks of an Abusive Group
- How Mind Manipulation is Used for Influence and Control
Includes: “The Techniques of Coercive Persuasion.”
- Without My Informed Consent!
Did you give your informed consent at the time you went into the group?
- Lifton’s Eight Criteria of Thought Reform
Includes how it has been used by leaders of any high demand, authoritarian group.
- Leaders of Totalistic Groups Have These Traits in Common
- Profile of a Sociopath
A number of abusive, religious leaders may exhibit many of these behavioral characteristics.
- All or Nothing Statements (from those who have “the truth”)
- Warning Signs of Extremism
- Questions to Ask Before Becoming Involved
- Buzzwords (or loading the language)
- Comparing the One True Churches
Helps exiters see the similarities between HWA’s “one true church” and other groups which claim the same thing. [offsite article]
- Techniques to Gain Control
Very good and detailed letter covering techniques used on members; also covers replacing God with the “government” of the group.
- How Did Herbert W. Armstrong Recruit People?
The step by step process.
Includes what to do and what not to do
- When We Attended the Feast (What did they do to our minds?)
- Bobby Fischer Speaks Out!
Exclusive Interview with world chess champion where he explains how he was able to have his mind manipulated by Herbert Armstrong. Enlightening interview in regard to what is done to one’s mind; will cover tithing and prophecies. [offsite article] [Note: This is posted in the Ambassador Report. Read ESN’s comments about the AR.]