- Identifying Marks of an Abusive Group
- How Mind Manipulation is Used for Influence and Control
Includes: “The Techniques of Coercive Persuasion.”
- Without My Informed Consent!
Did you give your informed consent at the time you went intio the group?
- Lifton’s Eight Criteria of Thought Reform
Includes how it has been used by leaders of any high demand, authoritarian group.
- Leaders of Totalistic Groups Have These Traits in Common
- Profile of a Sociopath
A number of abusive, religious leaders may exhibit many of these behavioral characteristics.
- All or Nothing Statements (from those who have “the truth”)
- Buzzwords (or loading the language)
- Comparing the One True Churches
Helps exiters see the similarities between HWA’s “one true church” and other groups which claim the same thing. [offsite article]
- Techniques to Gain Control
Very good and detailed letter covering techniques used on members; also covers replacing God with the “government” of the group.
- How Did Herbert W. Armstrong Recruit People?
The step by step process.
Includes what to do and what not to do.
- Questions to Ask Any Religious Group You are Planning on Becoming Involved With
- When We Attended the Feast (What did they do to our minds?)