Summer Educational Program of WCG used methods of control and manipulation. This was manifested through emotional, physical, spiritual and psychologically abusive tactics on innocent youth in order to break them down and mold them into becoming “obedient, passive members” of the Worldwide Church of God and all in the name of “building character.” Countless individuals have suffered needlessly, even to this day.
Also read: Stories About Philadelphia Youth Camp [all names changed] Update 2021: The name of PCG’s summer camp is now known as Philadelphia Church of God Summer Educational Program or SEP.
History: In 1996, because of the small number of applications for S.E.P., the program was canceled and applicants were being referred to S.E.P. in Orr, Minnesota. In 2002 WCG sold the camp in Orr and closed it the same year. By 2005 WCG had 8 local S.E.P camps in the United States (and some in Canada). By 2012 there were “pre-teen camps” for children as young as seven and eight. In 2019 GCI cancelled all future SEP regional camps.
- S.E.P. – Mind Control Training Camp
- My Horrible Experiences at S.E.P.
- S.E.P. Was Like Army Boot Camp Combined With FOT (shows all the horrible things experienced at camp)
- S.E.P. Canoe Trip Opened My Eyes
- I Was Able to Compare S.E.P. Camp to a True Christian Camp